Homestyle Greek Omelette
This Homestyle Greek omelette is a great way to start your morning. View the recipe and make it for the whole family, today.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) butter, divided
- ½ small red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced (about 2 oz/60 g)
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) banana peppers (optional)
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) artichokes (optional)
Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook red pepper, onions, mushrooms, and banana peppers and artichokes if using, with salt and pepper for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are softened and lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
Whisk together eggs and salt and pepper; set aside.
Wipe skillet clean with paper towel and melt remaining butter over medium heat; add egg mixture and cook until eggs are almost set, gently lifting edge with spatula to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 1 to 3 minutes.
Sprinkle half of the egg with vegetable mixture, feta and cheddar. Fold uncovered half over top and slide onto plate.
Garnish with your favourite toppings, like cherry tomatoes and black olives.