- Prep Time:
- 35 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled, cut in half (cross-cut)
- 2 medium cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, cubed
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 red pepper (or capsicum), cubed
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) coriander leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fenugreek leaves (fresh methi)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 one inch piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 small green chili (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) ground turmeric
In a food processor, combine hariyali marinade ingredients together.
Coat mushrooms, red onion, zucchini, red pepper and eggs with marinade and store in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Thread marinated vegetables and egg on soaked bamboo skewers.
Preheat BBQ to medium-high. Grill the kebabs, turning until the egg and vegetables have grill marks, about 3-4 minutes. Serve on a bed of basmati rice for a complete meal.
You can cook the egg kebabs in a non-stick skillet over the stovetop, indoor grill or bake in oven.