- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garam masala
- 4 tsp (20 mL) ghee or butter, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ghee or butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato, finely cubed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 small green chilies, finely chopped (optional)
Garam Masala Ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garam masala
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) chili powder (optional)
Garam masala ketchup
In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
Heat a medium non-stick skillet on medium-high. Melt ghee or butter and add tomato, red onion, cilantro and green chilies. Gently fry for a couple of minutes until onion is softened. Remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
In a skillet, melt 1 tsp of ghee or butter. Add egg mixture and spread evenly in skillet to create a thin egg crepe-like omelette. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown and omelette is cooked. Sprinkle on a 1/4 amount of cooked tomato and onion mixture. Roll omelette into a log. Continue with remaining eggs.
Serve with Garam Masala Ketchup.
When possible, use ghee for this recipe as it lends a rich buttery taste to this Indian-style omelette.