- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 6 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 5 oz (145 g) minced or ground pork
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) spicy chili bean sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, reconstituted and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) rice cooking wine
In a small bowl, whisk 4 tablespoons (60 mL) water with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cornstarch until blended. In another bowl, whisk eggs. Add cornstarch mixture and whisk to combine.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add egg mixture and fry on low, without stirring, until cooked through and golden coloured. Remove from the pan onto a plate.
Fry pork in the same pan until it turns white and is cooked through. Add chili bean sauce and sugar; stir well. Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms, soy sauce, and rice wine. Stir fry until fragrant.
In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) water with remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch. Add to the pork mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
Pour pork mixture over the fried eggs, cut into quarters and serve.
- If desired, add white pepper and sesame oil to taste and garnish with chopped green onions.
- For convenience and to save chopped time, use minced garlic and ginger from a jar.