- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (8 oz/227 g) spinach leaves
- 1 jar or can (approximately 700 mL) salt reduced pasta or tomato sauce
- 1 pkg (250 g) wonton wrappers
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) jarred roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add pasta sauce and bring to boil. Remove from heat.
Ladle about ½ cup (125 mL) sauce into 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Cover with one-quarter of wonton wrappers, overlapping slightly. Spread with one-quarter of sauce, then one-third of eggs and roasted red peppers, and one-quarter of cheese. Starting with wonton wrappers, repeat layers twice.
Arrange remaining wrappers over top; spread with remaining sauce and cheese over top. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes before cutting.
Use your favourite pasta sauce with vegetables (e.g. peppers, onions or mushrooms) for added texture and variety.
Look for wonton wrappers in the produce aisle of your grocery store.