Cinnamon Snail Cookies
A fun recipe for the kids to help with, cinnamon snail cookies are perfect for a picnic or a school bake sale. Don’t be fooled by their appearance, these cookies will go fast!
- Prep Time:
- 35 min
- Cook Time:
- 13 min
- 3 1/4 cups ( 815 mL ) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) baking powder
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) ground ginger
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups ( 440 mL ) granulated sugar, divided
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Stir flour, 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and nutmeg in a medium bowl until well combined.
Whisk eggs, oil, vanilla and 1 cup (250 mL) sugar in another bowl.
Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients to form soft dough. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in shallow bowl or pie plate.
Roll spoonfuls (about 1 tbsp/15 mL) of dough into 5-inch (12.5 cm) pencil shape on flour-dusted surface. Roll dough in cinnamon sugar, then roll up in spiral shape to form snail, leaving about a 1-½-inch (4 cm) straight section for neck and head. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, at least 1-½-inches (4 cm) apart.
Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven, one sheet at a time, for 12 to 14 minutes. Makes about 36 cookies.