- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 each red and green pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) Tex-Mex seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed (7 inch/18 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole
Whisk together eggs, 2 tbsp (30 mL) water, salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, peppers, jalapeño and Tex-Mex seasoning for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
Reduce heat to low. Pour in egg mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed. Assemble eggs in warm tortillas with salsa and guacamole.
• Substitute Cajun seasoning for Tex-Mex seasoning if desired.
• Serve with lime wedges if desired.
• Serve with your favourite fajita toppings: try sour cream, shredded lettuce, shredded Monterey Jack cheese or sliced olives.