- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Icing sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipped cream
Spray bottom and side of 9 or 10-inch (23 or 25 cm) quiche dish, deep pie plate, or cake pan with cooking spray. Spread blueberries in dish. Set aside.
Combine eggs, sugar and butter in medium bowl; whisk until blended. Add flour and salt; whisk until blended and smooth. Add milk and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Batter will be thin. Pour batter over blueberries.
Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until set and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. The clafouti will deflate a little as it cools. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Cut into wedges. Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
• Instead of blueberries, try other fruits such as raspberries, pitted cherries, or sliced apples, pears or apricots. You’ll need enough fruit to cover the bottom of the dish (2 to 3 cups/500 to 750 mL).
• Add a pinch of cinnamon or cardamom to the batter.
• Use almond extract instead of vanilla.
• Instead of whipped cream, serve with ice cream, crème fraiche or vanilla yogurt.