- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) small, frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed (31/40 count), tails removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) leftover cooked long grain rice (cold)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sriracha hot sauce
Whisk eggs with salt and pepper. In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, stir-ring, until egg mixture starts to form soft curds, about 3 or 4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
In same pan, heat remaining oil over high heat; stir-fry shrimp, garlic and green onions until shrimp start to turn pink, about 2 minutes.
Add leftover rice and curry powder; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar and sugar; cook until rice is heated through, about 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in reserved eggs and peas; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with hot sauce.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.
This dish is just as delicious with leftover brown rice as a healthier alternative.