Turkey Bacon & Egg Breakfast Casserole
An egg casserole is a great way to start your day. Topped with bacon, filled with mushrooms and oozing with Cheddar cheese, it won’t be hard to get the family out of bed with this breakfast casserole.
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 4 slices bread, crusts trimmed, cut into quarters
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL ) milk (1%)
- 4 slices bacon style turkey, diced and cooked
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) shredded light Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Spray 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in pan, overlapping slightly.
Whisk eggs, milk, bacon and ¼ cup (50 mL) cheese in large bowl. Add mushrooms. Pour mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle potatoes and remaining cheese over egg mixture.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until lightly browned and knife inserted near centre comes out clean, about 35 minutes.