- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted coconut, divided
- 4 tsp (20 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped pineapple
- 1/2 small ripe mango, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) slightly crushed banana chips
In bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk, oats, 2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut, honey, vanilla, nutmeg and salt until blended. Transfer mixture to saucepan set over medium-low heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 12 minutes or until oats are tender and creamy.
Divide among 4 bowls. Top evenly with strawberries, pineapple and mango. Garnish with remaining coconut and banana chips.
• For dairy-free oatmeal, substitute half almond (or soy) milk and half water for milk.
• Instead of honey, substitute maple or agave syrup to taste.