What a clever way to use tortillas! The ingredients are fresh and light, and the corn add a bit of texture while the chilli powder adds a bit of heat.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- 5 medium (7-inch/18 cm) whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) diced ham
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) chopped sweet green or red peppers
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) shredded light Cheddar cheese or cheese blend
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) no salt or salt reduced cream style corn
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) chili powder
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Spray 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate with cooking spray. Place four tortillas in pie plate, overlapping, covering rim of pie plate and extending ½ to 1 inch (1 to 2.5 cm) beyond rim. Place remaining tortilla in the centre. Sprinkle ham, peppers and cheese over top.
Whisk eggs, then whisk in corn and chili powder; carefully pour mixture into pie plate. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until centre is set, about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle cilantro over top. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.