- Prep Time:
- 12 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) olive oil
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) chopped onion
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) peeled and cubed Yukon Gold potatoes (cut in 1/2 inch/1.5 cm cubes)
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) finely chopped sweet red pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) finely chopped parsley (optional)
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes. Add potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 8 minutes. Season with salt.
Whisk eggs in large bowl. Stir in onion/potato mixture, red pepper and parsley, if using. Pour egg mixture into skillet over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; cook until eggs are set in centre and lightly browned on bottom. Slide omelette onto large flat plate. Place another plate on top; flip to invert omelette.
Slide omelette back into skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
To make in the oven: Pour potato/egg mixture into a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate brushed well with olive oil. Bake in preheated 325°F (160°C) oven until set in centre, about 35 minutes.