- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipped cream cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL) maple mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Canadian whiskey (optional)
- 2 Montreal-style bagels, halved
- 4 slices cooked peameal bacon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and cracked pepper
- 4 slices Oka cheese
Preheat broiler. In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, maple mustard and whiskey.
Toast bagels; spread with cream cheese mixture. Top bottom halves with peameal bacon.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until egg whites are set and crispy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place eggs over peameal bacon; top with cheese. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cap with tops of bagels.
Substitute back bacon for peameal bacon.
Add sliced smoked salmon for the ultimate West Coast indulgence!