- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced into rounds (24 slices)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tandoori masala
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 tomato, sliced (12 slices)
- 12 coriander leaves, to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 baguette (cut on an angle into 12 slices, 1/4” thick)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix olive oil with minced garlic. Brush mixture onto crostini and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden in colour and crispy. Move onto a wire rack to cool.
In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Sprinkle in tandoori masala and blend with oil until smooth. Gently place egg rounds into the skillet and coat with masala. Tip: Using a pastry brush, spread tandoori masala on eggs to avoid flipping them which can cause breakage.
Arrange crostinis on a large platter. To assemble, layer each crostini with mashed avocado, topped with tomato slice and two tandoori masala egg rounds. Garnish with coriander leaves (optional).
- You can purchase Tandoori Masala spice blend in the grocery store, but if you cannot find it you can mix your own using the following recipe: 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp ginger powder