- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) chopped mixed dried fruit (See note below)
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped peanuts
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chunky style peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Spray 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Stir in dried fruit, oats and peanuts. Beat eggs, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
Try dried apricots, cranberries, figs, dates, apples, etc.