- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 45 min
- 1 pkg ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) thinly sliced fresh basil
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) lemon zest
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
Combine ricotta, garlic, egg, tomatoes, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the Parmesan, basil, lemon zest, salt and pepper; transfer to 2-cup (500 mL) baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until slightly puffed and Parmesan is melted; broil for 3 or 4 minutes or until top is golden brown. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with hot pepper flakes. Serve warm with baguette slices.
Replace sun-dried tomatoes with pitted, chopped olives if desired.
Nutrition information is for dip only; baguette slices not included.