- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh peas
- 1/4 lb (0.2 kg) asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely crumbled goat cheese
Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, dill, salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat olive oil in 10-inch (25 cm) ovenproof nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook green onions and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is golden. Add peas and asparagus; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Pour in egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs start to set around edges. Sprinkle tomatoes and goat cheese over top. Transfer to oven; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden and top is puffy.
Substitute 2 tbsp (30 mL) basil pesto for herbs, if fresh herbs are unavailable.