- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh green peas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh mint
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each coarse salt and pepper (approx.)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices sourdough bread (3/4-inch/2 cm thick slices), toasted
- 4 fried eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) pea shoots
Cook peas in pot of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes or until tender and bright green. Drain.
In food processor fitted with metal blade, combine peas, chives, mint, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; pulse until well combined but still chunky. Add olive oil, purée until smooth.
Smear pea mixture over each slice of toast. Top with fried eggs; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with pea shoots. Serve immediately.
For a very herbaceous spread, add 2 tbsp (30 mL) each chopped basil and parsley to food processor along with the other ingredients before puréeing.