- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 60 min
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) (or less) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) freshly ground pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Add zucchini; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
In bowl, combine cheese, parsley, eggs, spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg; stir in zucchini mixture.
Spoon into lightly greased 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
Bake in preheated 325°F (160°C) oven until set but still moist in centre, 35 to 45 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Frittata can also be cut into small squares and served warm or cold as hors d'oeuvres.
Reprinted by permission of the publisher, John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd., from Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay, by Anne Lindsay. Copyright © 2010 by Anne Lindsay and Associates Ltd.
For more healthy recipes, visit http://www.healthcheck.org.