- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, coarsely mashed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped cilantro
- 4 slices rye bread, toasted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili oil
Heat butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft curds form.
Remove from heat and gently fold in avocado and cilantro. Spoon onto toasted bread and drizzle with chili oil.
• Serve egg mixture on top of a buttered and toasted English muffin or crumpet for an extra indulgence.
• Add a pinch of chili flakes or a squeeze of sriracha sauce to egg mixture instead of using chili oil if desired.
• Wrap egg mixture in tortillas with fresh arugula for breakfast on-the-go.