- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) milk
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) olive oil
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) chopped ham
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ each red and green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) chili powder
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) ground cumin
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) finely chopped tomato
- ⅔ cup ( 170 mL ) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Whisk together eggs, milk, cilantro, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
Heat oil in ovenproof nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook ham, onion, red and green peppers, chili powder and cumin for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Stir in tomato.
Pour egg mixture into pan; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs start to set around the edges. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Transfer to oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve with warm tortillas.
• Garnish with additional fresh cilantro if desired.
• Serve with pickled jalapeños for a spicy kick