- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) light sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped green onions
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- Focaccia or flatbread, about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick and 12 inches (30 cm) round
- 7 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low-fat milk
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) (or less) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 4 oz (115 g) thinly sliced smoked salmon, coarsely chopped (or tidbits)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley and/or dill
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In small bowl, mix together sour cream, onions and mustard; set aside. Heat focaccia in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add eggs and cook, stirring, until scrambled.
Spread sour cream mixture over hot focaccia; spoon scrambled eggs over top. Top with smoked salmon; sprinkle with parsley and/or dill.
Cut into wedges, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Uncooked egg mixture can be prepared up to 1 hour in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Reprinted by permission of the publisher, John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd., from Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay, by Anne Lindsay. Copyright © 2010 by Anne Lindsay and Associates Ltd.
For more healthy recipes, visit http://www.healthcheck.org.