- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) baking powder
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) baking soda
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) pepper
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) milk
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) melted butter
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) granulated sugar
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 Roma or plum tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano; set aside. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and sugar until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). Fold in spinach, tomato, feta and Parmesan cheese until combined.
Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Bake until tester comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes; let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out muffins. Let the muffins cool completely and store in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Add crumbled bacon for a decadent muffin.