- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) chick pea flour
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) rice flour
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) water
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) broccoli florets
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) curry powder or curry masala
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) oil
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) cilantro, finely chopped, to garnish
- 1 green chili, finely chopped, to garnish
Spicy Chili Tomato Ketchup
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) tomato ketchup
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) chili powder
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) chili flakes (optional)
In a small bowl, combine Spicy Chili Ketchup ingredients together. Set aside.
In a food processor, combine onion and broccoli and process until finely chopped.
In a medium bowl, sift in chick pea and rice flours. Add water and eggs and whisk together until smooth. Mix in onion and broccoli mixture. Add curry powder or curry masala and salt.
In a non-stick skillet heat oil on medium-high. Add ¼ cup (60 mL) of pancake mixture and cook until bottom is golden brown. Flip over and cook on other side until golden in colour. Slide pancake onto a plate and continue with remaining batter.
Serve with Spicy Chili Tomato Ketchup. Yield = 5-6 small pancakes.