- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) cooked rice, cooled
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) diced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced celery
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) fat free evaporated skim milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried dill)
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 1 can (170 g) salmon, drained
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded light Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Spray 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate with cooking spray.
Stir rice and one whisked egg together in medium bowl. Press rice mixture into bottom and up side of pie plate.
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
Whisk remaining eggs, evaporated milk, dill, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, salmon and half of cheese. Spread over rice crust. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until knife inserted in centre comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Instead of canned salmon, use leftover cooked salmon, canned or leftover cooked tuna, or crab meat.
Instead of dill, use fresh or dried parsley.