Ricotta Toast with Fried Eggs
Instead of butter, creamy ricotta makes a light and healthy spread for your morning toast.
- Prep Time:
- 7 min
- Cook Time:
- 3 min
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) ricotta
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) finely chopped fresh basil, divided
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) finely grated Parmesan cheese
Combine ricotta, 2 tbsp (30 mL) basil, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat oil in nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg whites are just set for sunny-side up. Alternatively, cook until desired doneness.
Spread ricotta mixture evenly over toast; top with tomato slices and fried eggs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining basil.
• Instead of using fresh basil, combine ricotta with 1 tbsp (15 mL) basil pesto if desired.
• Add a little arugula to toast if desired.