- Prep Time:
- 7 min
- Cook Time:
- 3 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ricotta
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely grated Parmesan cheese
Combine ricotta, 2 tbsp (30 mL) basil, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat oil in nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Break eggs into skillet; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg whites are just set for sunny-side up. Alternatively, cook until desired doneness.
Spread ricotta mixture evenly over toast; top with tomato slices and fried eggs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining basil.
• Instead of using fresh basil, combine ricotta with 1 tbsp (15 mL) basil pesto if desired.
• Add a little arugula to toast if desired.