Ready-to-Go Granola Bars
Courtesy of: Chef Lynn Crawford
- Wait Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium), or 1/4 cup (60 mL) applesauce
- 3 cups ( 750 mL ) old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) cinnamon
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) dried cranberries
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cups ( 60 mL ) pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9x13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish and line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together sugar, butter, maple syrup, vanilla, egg and mashed banana until well combined.
In another large bowl, stir together oats, cinnamon, mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds until combined. Pour over liquid mixture and mix until well combined.
Pat mixture evenly on baking sheet, cover with another sheet of parchment paper, and use hands or flat bottom of measuring cup to compress mixture into a firm and uniform thickness.
Remove top piece of parchment paper from granola, then bake until golden, about 30-35 minutes. Let granola cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan, then let cool completely before cutting into 16 bars.