- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) baking powder
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ground ginger
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL ) milk (1%)
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) butter, melted
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) maple syrup or table syrup
Preheat waffle iron. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda in large bowl; mix well and set aside.
Whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter in another large bowl. Stir in flour mixture until a slightly lumpy batter forms.
Spray waffle iron with cooking spray; add spoonful of batter and cook until waffles is set and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Keep warm while rest of batter is cooked. Serve waffles sprinkled with chopped pecans and drizzled with maple syrup.
If you do not have a waffle iron, you can use the batter to make pancakes.