- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk (1%)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup or table syrup
Preheat waffle iron. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda in large bowl; mix well and set aside.
Whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter in another large bowl. Stir in flour mixture until a slightly lumpy batter forms.
Spray waffle iron with cooking spray; add spoonful of batter and cook until waffles is set and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Keep warm while rest of batter is cooked. Serve waffles sprinkled with chopped pecans and drizzled with maple syrup.
If you do not have a waffle iron, you can use the batter to make pancakes.