- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- 2 new red potatoes, scrubbed (about 8 oz/227 g)
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) canola oil
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can small can diced tomatoes, drained well (389 mL)
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) crumbled light feta cheese
Cut potatoes into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes and toss with rosemary.
In an ovenproof 10 inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium low heat and cook potatoes, covered, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.
In a bowl, whisk eggs with pepper. Stir in tomatoes and pour into skillet around potatoes lifting up edges to let egg mixture go to the bottom. Cook for about 10 minutes or until edges are set and bottom is golden brown.
Sprinkle frittata with basil and feta cheese and place pan about 6 inches (15 cm) under the broiler for about 4 minutes or until top is light golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
Potato Leftover Option: Use about 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked potatoes for the raw ones and reduce cooking time to about 8 minutes before adding the egg mixture.
© 2012 Heart and Stroke Foundation | Reproduced with permission of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada | Recipe developed by Emily Richards, P.H. Ec.| Food styling and preparation by Kim Ronzoni | Photo and food styling by Dan Rogall 2012 © Stoneway Creative