- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) dried basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pizza sauce or tomato or pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) assorted pizza toppings (chopped tomato, sliced pepperoni and/or mushrooms, diced sweet peppers)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
Whisk eggs, water, pepper, oregano and basil; set aside.
Spray 8-inch (20 cm) non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs set around edge of skillet, with spatula, gently lift cooked portions to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom is set and top is almost set.
Lower heat to medium-low. Spread pizza sauce over frittata. Sprinkle pizza toppings and cheese over sauce.
Cover skillet with lid and cook for another minute to melt cheese. Loosen frittata around edge of skillet, then slide frittata onto plate.
Instead of basil and oregano, use 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Italian Seasoning.
Frittata can also be placed under a preheated broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese. If skillet handle is not ovenproof, wrap it in a double thickness of aluminum foil.