- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 13 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) beet juice (see below)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) white vinegar
- 1/3 tbsp (5 mL) water
- 3 tsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pickling spice
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
Combine beet juice, vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spice, salt and onion in medium saucepan.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until sugar dissolves; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and let cool for 15 minutes, then strain and discard pickling spice and onions.
Place eggs in 4-cup (1 L) glass jar with lid. Pour beet juice mixture over eggs. Cover jar and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 3 days before serving.
Juice from a can (14 oz/398 mL) of beets will yield 3/4 cup (175 mL) beet juice.