- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) butter, melted
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) all-purpose flour (approx.)
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) baking powder
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) baking soda
- ¾ tsp ( 4 mL ) salt
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) peanut butter
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) strawberry jam or grape jelly
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease two muffin tins with cooking spray. Dust with flour until evenly coated and tap out any excess flour; set aside. Whisk buttermilk with eggs, sugar and melted butter. In separate bowl, stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture just until combined.
Divide half the batter evenly between prepared muffin tins. Spoon some peanut butter and jam in centre of each muffin; top with remaining batter. Bake for 12 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Freeze leftover pancakes and reheat in the microwave for 90 seconds.