- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 13 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced leek (white and some light green parts)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 8 oz (230 g) mushrooms, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups/750 mL)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-fat milk
- Pinch paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) (or less) salt and freshly ground pepper
In 8 x 4-inch (1.5 L) microwaveable dish (e.g. glass loaf pan), toss leeks with oil. Cover with waved or parchment paper and microwave on High (100% power) for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cover and microwave on High (100% power) until mushrooms are nearly tender, about 4 minutes.
Stir in eggs, egg whites, milk, paprika, and salt and pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on Medium (50% power) until mixture is set, 6 to 8 minutes.
Chopped onion can be used instead of leeks.
Reprinted by permission of the publisher, John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd., from Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay, by Anne Lindsay. Copyright © 2010 by Anne Lindsay and Associates Ltd.
For more healthy recipes, visit http://www.healthcheck.org.