- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) ghee (or butter)
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) ground coriander
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ground cumin
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) chili powder
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) salt (or to taste)
- 6 large eggs
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) garam masala
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) cilantro, finely chopped
In a large skillet, melt ghee on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for a couple of minutes until softened. Add fenugreek leaves and cook for one minute until wilted. Stir in tomato and green chili.
Mix in coriander, cumin, chili, turmeric and salt.
Crack eggs in skillet, stirring to scramble. Cook for 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
Garnish with a sprinkle of garam masala and cilantro.
Find fenugreek leaves (fresh methi) in specialty Indian grocers or markets.