- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 42 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) stemmed shredded kale
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until softened, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add kale, spinach, salt and pepper; cook until wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; let cool completely.
Stir in parsley, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in Fontina, Parmesan and eggs. Add breadcrumbs; mix well until mixture holds together (mixture will be a little wet.) Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake until firm to the touch and golden brown, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Substitute mozzarella for Fontina cheese if desired.