- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 18 min
- 12 tart shells (3-inch/8 cm), unbaked
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Whisk eggs, syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla in medium bowl until just blended.
Place 1 tbsp (15 mL) walnuts in each tart shell. Pour maple syrup mixture over walnuts. Bake in preheated 425°F (220°C) oven until pastry is golden and filling is puffed and just set, about 18 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature, plain or with lightly sweetened whipped cream.