Maple Walnut Tarts
Crunchy walnuts are caramelized in a mixture of maple syrup, brown sugar and vanilla in this delicious tart recipe. These rich tarts make a decadent dessert, or share just one with friends over tea.
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 18 min
- 12 tart shells (3-inch/8 cm), unbaked
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup ( 170 mL ) maple syrup
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Whisk eggs, syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla in medium bowl until just blended.
Place 1 tbsp (15 mL) walnuts in each tart shell. Pour maple syrup mixture over walnuts. Bake in preheated 425°F (220°C) oven until pastry is golden and filling is puffed and just set, about 18 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature, plain or with lightly sweetened whipped cream.