- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 50 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) desiccated coconut
In medium mixing bowl blend together flour and icing sugar.
Add butter and mix thoroughly.
Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish. Pat dough evenly into bottom of dish.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) until set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
In medium bowl beat together eggs, sugar, juice and peel.
Gradually add flour and baking powder, blending thoroughly. Stir in coconut. Pour over crust, spreading evenly to edges.
Continue baking at 350°F (180°C) until set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.
Makes about 30 two-inch squares.