- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moistened; fold in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and tops spring back when lightly pressed. Place pan on rack; let cool.
Substitute blackberries or raspberries for blueberries if desired.
Use fresh or frozen blueberries; if using frozen, do not thaw before using.