- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced leeks (white part only)
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled diced sweet potato
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped prosciutto
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shredded fontina cheese
Whisk eggs, water, parsley, oregano and pepper. Set aside.
Spray 10-inch (25 cm) non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Sauté sweet potato about 10 minutes or until softened. Add leeks and prosciutto; continue to saute until vegetables are cooked, about 5 minutes.
Pour in egg mixture. As mixture sets at edges, with spatula, gently lift cooked portion to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom is set and top is almost set. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Place under preheated broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese or cover skillet with lid and cook for another minute. Loosen edges and slide frittata onto plate.
To ovenproof handle of skillet, wrap with double thickness of aluminium foil.