- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) refried beans
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded queso fresco
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped cherry tomatoes
- Fresh coriander
- Sliced green onions
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350°F (180°F). Toast tortillas in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes to crisp them up.
In a small sauce pot, heat refried beans until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
Heat oil in a frying pan over low to medium heat. Add eggs and fry gently to keep the edges from getting too crispy.
Spread a thin layer of warmed beans evenly over tortillas. Top each with a quarter of the guacamole and queso, and a fried egg.
Garnish with tomatoes, a sprinkling of coriander and green onions, and thin slices of jalapeno. Serve with lime.