- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) miso
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded or cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 lb (0.2 kg) shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles (each 85 g)
- 4 soft boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 sheet nori, toasted and torn
In saucepan, bring broth to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Add mi-so, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger; simmer until fragrant, approximately 10 minutes.
Return to boil; cook carrot and mushrooms until tender, approximately 2 or 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in separate saucepan of boiling water, cook ramen noodles until tender, approximately 1 or 2 minutes (reserve spice packets for another use). Drain and transfer to 4 large soup bowls.
Ladle broth over noodles. Divide carrot and mushrooms among bowls. Top each serving with soft boiled egg; garnish with green onions and nori.
For a vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.
Add a few sliced radishes for added crunch if desired.