- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- 3 1/2 cups ( 875 mL ) rolled oats
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) ground flaxseed
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¾ tsp ( 4 mL ) cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) salt
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) peanut butter
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) canola oil
- 1 egg white, whisked until foamy
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, ground flaxseed, coconut, cinnamon, and salt, mix well.
In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, maple syrup or honey, and canola oil.
Pour peanut butter mixture into oat mixture and mix well until combined. Pour in whisked egg white and mix again.
Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and place into the oven and bake for 15 mins, mix granola around and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.