- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground coriander and cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) red pepper flakes
- 8 cups (2 L) loosely packed chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable broth
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) torn fresh dill sprigs
- 1/2 red finger chilli, seeded and sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat oil in 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet or ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; cook green onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano and pepper flakes for 3 to 5 minutes or until fragrant.
Stir in kale, salt and pepper; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until starts to wilt. Stir in parsley and broth; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
Using back of spoon, create 4 small wells in kale mixture; crack an egg into each well. Transfer skillet to oven; bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until whites are set but yolks are still runny. (Alternatively, cook to desired doneness.)
Serve sprinkled with feta, dill and, if using, chili.
• Substitute spinach for kale.
• Serve with warm pita bread or toasted baguette slices.