- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat couscous
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried thyme or Italian herb seasoning
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sodium reduced vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each grated carrot and zucchini or diced sweet pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) no fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quartered grape tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled light feta cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 4 small whole wheat flour tortillas
Place couscous in bowl with garlic and thyme. Bring broth to boil and pour over couscous. Stir in carrot and zucchini; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in another bowl, mash eggs with a fork and stir in yogurt, tomatoes, feta, basil and pepper. Add couscous mixture and stir to combine.
Divide among the tortillas and roll up to enjoy.
Out of broth? No worries. Use water instead. This will also help cut down on the sodium.
Get a head start on tomorrow’s lunch. Make wraps the night before. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Keep in the fridge and grab one as you head out the door.
No-fail way to make hard-cooked eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in saucepan and cover about 2.5 cm (1 inch) above eggs with water. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain water and run cold water over eggs to chill. Store eggs with their shells on in the fridge for up to 1 week.