- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- 1 1/4 cup (315 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) sifted icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk (1%)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in cocoa. Beat in brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and walnuts. Spray or butter a 9-inch (23 cm) square pan. Spread batter in pan. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
Melt butter over low heat in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa and vanilla. Stir in icing sugar and milk until smooth and of spreading consistency. Spread icing over top of cooled brownies.