- Prep Time:
- 3 hours 50 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 fresh ripe avocados
- 1 Martin's potato roll
- 2 strips of cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) of mayo
- 1 lime cut on in half
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of diced red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of diced tomato
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of chipotle pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of sriracha sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) of buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) of paprika
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
Marinate 1 piece of boneless skinless chicken thigh in buttermilk and Sriracha for 4-5 hours.
In a separate bowl mix flour with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Add chicken to flour making sure it is completely covered. Dip chicken back into buttermilk and place back in the flour giving it a double coating. Fry chicken until golden brown and then check to make sure it is cooked thoroughly at 165°F. Place on a plate with paper towel underneath until you are ready to build the sandwich.
Cook 2 pieces of bacon in the oven or a frying pan. Place off to the side when finished.
Add mayo and chipotle pepper to a blender or food processor. Add a squeeze of lime and then blend. Empty contents into a small bowl.
Peel and add chopped up avocado to a mixing bowl. Add salt, black pepper, chopped garlic, diced onion, diced tomato, pinch of fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Mix until avocado is half smooth and half chunky.
Prepping The Sandwich
Place Martin's potato roll on a flat top with butter only toasting the inside of the bun. Place guacamole on the bottom of the bun and top with a piece of fried chicken. Add 2 strips of crispy bacon on top of the chicken.