Curried Egg Pitas
Want a twist on the classic egg salad? Look no further. This veggie-packed pita includes a hint of curry paste. Enjoy for lunch or an easy weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 2 min
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) canola oil
- 4 small (6-inch/15 cm) pocket-style whole-wheat pitas, halved
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) mango chutney
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) ginger powder
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) mild red curry paste
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) black pepper
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) julienne cucumber
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) julienne carrots
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) lightly packed baby spinach, divided
Beat eggs. Stir in the green onion and green pepper until well combined.
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes or until eggs are just set.
Meanwhile, cut each pita in half and open the pockets. Blend mango chutney, ginger powder, curry paste and pepper with yogurt, until well combined.
Inside each halved pita, spread an equal amount of sauce. Divide the cucumber, carrots, spinach and egg mixture evenly between the pockets. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings. (1 half=1 serving).