- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 4 min
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) undiluted frozen cranberry cocktail, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream (35%)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 18 frozen mini tart shells, baked according to package directions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon rind, finely grated (optional)
Whisk eggs, egg yolks and 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar in large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in cranberry cocktail, lemon juice and butter.
Microwave on High (100% power) for 2 minutes; stir. Return to microwave; cook until mixture begins to boil and thickens, about 2 minutes longer. Stir until smooth.
Pour through fine strainer into bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator. Mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Shortly before serving, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and whip until still. Fill each baked, cooled tart shell with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) cold curd. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon rind, if desired.
Cranberry lemon filling (curd) can be used as a filling for jelly rolls and cakes and as a spread for scones and toast.