- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 4 min
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup ( 170 mL ) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) undiluted frozen cranberry cocktail, thawed
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) butter, softened
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) whipping cream (35%)
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) granulated sugar
- 18 frozen mini tart shells, baked according to package directions
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) lemon rind, finely grated (optional)
Whisk eggs, egg yolks and ⅔ cup (150 mL) sugar in large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in cranberry cocktail, lemon juice and butter.
Microwave on High (100% power) for 2 minutes; stir. Return to microwave; cook until mixture begins to boil and thickens, about 2 minutes longer. Stir until smooth.
Pour through fine strainer into bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator. Mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Shortly before serving, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and whip until still. Fill each baked, cooled tart shell with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) cold curd. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon rind, if desired.
Cranberry lemon filling (curd) can be used as a filling for jelly rolls and cakes and as a spread for scones and toast.