- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 8 oz (230 g) flat rice noodles
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ketchup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp (5 mL) packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed, patted dry
- 6 oz (175 g) drained cubed firm tofu, patted dry
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 4 lime wedges
- 8 Thai chilies
Place noodles in large, heatproof bowl; top with boiling water. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain well and refresh under cold running water.
Whisk together sweet chili sauce, oyster sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sugar; set aside.
In wok or large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry shrimp until they start to turn pink, approximately 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil, tofu and salt to wok; stir-fry until tofu starts to turn golden, approximately 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining oil to wok. Stir in eggs; fry for 1 minute. Add noodles, then sauce; stir-fry for 3 or 4 minutes. Return tofu and shrimp to wok; stir-fry until shrimp is cooked through, and noodles are tender and steaming, approximately 1 or 2 minutes.
Garnish with bean sprouts, green onions, peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and Thai chilies.
Substitute thinly sliced chicken for shrimp if desired.
If you like, spice up this dish with more chili peppers to taste, or decrease the chili peppers to suit your taste.